Thursday 10 November 2011

The Incredible Suit's Cumbersomely Titled Very Good Film And Quiz Night Presents: FOOTLOOSE!

Hold on to your tits, people:

I'M SHOWING A FILM AND YOU'RE INVITED!

And when I say "invited", I mean "invited to buy a ticket". But they are cheap as chips, so it's practically like being invited.
Yeppers, I'll be screening a 35mm print of underrated eighties cheesegasm Footloose, starring THE MIGHTY BACON, on:

THURSDAY DECEMBER 8th
at London's glorious
Stratford Picturehouse

I asked a selection of people to give me their thoughts on Footloose in the hope of them saying something that might convince you to come along, and here's a selection of some of the most enthusiastic:

"I'm not sure I've ever seen the whole movie" - Edgar Wright
"Not having seen it, I have little to say about it" - Ali Gray, The Shiznit
"I haven't ever seen it" - David Sztypuljak, HeyUGuys
"Has not seen" - Charlie Lyne, Ultra Culture

What this clearly proves is that if there's one thing the world needs right now, it's a screening of Footloose, if only to broaden your horizons, as well as those of several film bloggers and a certain celebrated director.

And if there are two things the world needs right now, the other one is:

A FREE FLIPPING QUIZ!

That's right, get your asses to the Stratford Picturehouse early because before the film I'll be hosting a special movie quiz in the bar, with prizes and everything! But mainly prizes.

Here's that all-important information in its own Important Information Box:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION BOX

The Incredible Suit's Cumbersomely Titled
Very Good Film And Quiz Night
presents the original
at Stratford Picturehouse,
London E15 1BX
on Thursday December 8th 2011

Quiz starts 7pm
Film starts 8pm
Quiz answers and winners announced 10pm

Tickets are a piffling £6.50 (even cheaper if you're a Picturehouse Member; why not join now?) from the Stratford Picturehouse website and are on sale NOW. Go buy!
Literally and metaphorically, the music is on his side.

2 comments :

  1. You might want to clarify on the posters to people that you are showing the original. Although I'm sure your readership is intelligent enough to work that out...uuum, actually scrap that last sentence.

    I also haven't seen this film and I am pretty uber famous so you may want to add that on to your advertisment. I would come along but I'll be flying to LA in my gold painted private jet whilst probably being noshed on by a stewardess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming. So, that's one then...

    ReplyDelete